Re: Ardour: Where to access log files

On Sun, Feb 1, 2015 at 7:45 PM, Alf Haakon Lund <alf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
When exporting a session ardour (3.5) crashed and everything (Ubuntu Studio 14.04) froze.

I had to open an "emergency terminal" (ctrl-alt-f#) to kill and reboot, and didn't manage to copy the error message. Still I believe I can find it in some logs, but where to find the log?

Oh, and when Ardour loaded the session after reboot it was with this

[ERROR]: could not reconstitute MementoCommand from XMLNode. object
type = ARDOUR::AutomationList id = 21170

I suspect the reason for the crash was that I tried to give the export file a new name not already on disk.

This should probably be in the Ardour forums, I know. I intend to register there at some later time...

There are no "log files".

You can generally ignore most ERROR messages in terms of useful information. The message above is particularly uninformative from a user perspective.

Crashes in Ardour and ways to figure out what is happening are described at http://ardour.org/debugging_ardour