Re: Ardour tutors available?

On 01. feb. 2015 17:49, Harry van Haaren wrote:
On Sun, Feb 1, 2015 at 4:03 PM, Alf Haakon Lund <alf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I do usually look up the online manual before asking, but sometimes normal
searching gets me nowhere...
You're aware of the 3 manuals? Please document your experience, or
even better - add it to the manual(s).

I was aware of two (first and third on your list), and already found it confusing to navigate between them. Also, there are numerous guides around. I guess my biggest challenge is asking the right question in just a few words...

The "official" manual:
http://manual.ardour.org/

Bruno Ruviaro's manual:
http://brunoruviaro.github.io/ardour3-floss-tutorial/tags/

And the "FLOSSmanual" manual:
http://en.flossmanuals.net/ardour/

Will do my best to document, improving manuals is a good thing. Though I didn't see any obvious info on how or where to do that. So this list will serve the purpose for now.

2. How to undo region deleting? Must be something obvious that escapes my
eye...
Ctrl-z?

That's what I thought, too. But it doesn't. Clicking Edit will show something like Undo (region drag), even if my last action was deleting a region.

3. How to access session undo history, and restore things done in previous
sessions?
Not sure about this.

Personally I have some Ardour experience, but I'm nowhere near an
advanced user. I'll chime in with answers to questions I know the
answer to.. and will probably be more motivated in doing so if it
indirectly improving the manuals :)

Thanks a lot for your time!