Audio over WIFI

No I am not asking if audio over WIFI is a good idea  :)

But I thought some might be interested in this:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/432967670/jack-the-wifi-guitar-cable

I note that the actually latency as a number is not mentioned anywhere. There are this many times shorter than something else kinds of things, but not a number of ms from end to end.

They suggest that they have "a total re-engineering of Wi-Fi to suit real time audio" yet at the same time they managed to "keep it compatible with existing devices meaning no changes to your PC or mobile device."

BTW, Linux is not mentioned anywhere and neither is open (source or otherwise). However, I posted this because someone was asking about running a few more audio lines wirelessly and the common thought is that it can't be done with reasonable latency for monitoring. These people seem to think it can. They are talking compatible with a wide range of devices (android included) so the drivers are not being redone either. Auto-seeking low traffic wifi channels might be a part of it, but from what I have seen, scanning channels takes more time than anyone wants for a gap in audio.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net