DIY Drum Booth

Hi,
I recently moved with my Band (www.jimson-drift.de) into a new rehearsalroom. I'm thinking of building a drum booth especially for recording. Can someone point me to the right literature? I'm interested the Physics of room acoustics and would like to first understand the problem theoretically (that means the math). I want to understand the distribution of the acoustic modes of a given room in order to optimize/minimize their amplitude, as well as the reverberation/reflection aspects of different materials. Just want deeper insights to plan the booth.
Thanks,
Gerald