Re: jack and the merging of soundcards

On 21/11/14 20:57, Ede Wolf wrote:

The only remaining effect would
be a somewhat higher latency for the second card

Which actually even _does_ make it second best? Nevertheless I do believe you,
that this may be negligible, however, being honest, "It is harder to crack
prejudice than an atom." (tm) That just holds true for me in this regard, I am
afraid.

merging sound cards means either you can run both off the same clock, or one is being re-sampled. Some soundcards can run using external clocks ... so with appropriate cabling or settings very specific to your setup it is possible to avoid resampling ... but most merging-into-one will involve resampling, with or without advertising that this is the case, because it works well.

Simon