Generating click tracks

Hi,

I am wondering, wether there is a way to create click tracks. Audacity is quite limited, as it only creates quarter note clicks, while the upper tempo setting is limited, so f.e. you cannot create 16th for 120BPM by means of scaling up the BPM.

Also, there are no triple notes, swing eighth or syncopated options available, though I am afraid, those will be rather seldom, if availble at all.

Are there any alternatives, that are at least a little more flexible than audacity?

I am not talking about recording a plugin, like a softsynth, which is liable to the internal (midi) clock oscillation, but generating an audio track with really accurate clicks