Re: Linux-audio-user Digest, Vol 93, Issue 1

On 01/11/2014 13:00, linux-audio-user-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>hopefully, the article mentions this more a kind of "proof of concept"
>than a real product.
>If we start to build real knobs on top of tactile interfaces instead of
>building hardware interfaces, then we completely loose our minds

10 years ago you could get knobs that would "stick" onto a laptop/monitor
screen and sent control data. Nothing new under the sun. That was actually
a real product. I'm 99.9% certain that the company who did it is out of
business.

Paul, I'm curious, do you remember the name of the product or company?
We all must admit that in the consumer electronic market it is not about how novel a product is, but how it is presented, advertised and whether it comes at the right time or not. Think about the Microsoft guy who held a tablet in its hands during a keynote well before the Apple guy. And probably someone before him did the same with an even uglier device. :) BTW it is not only about market. It happens the same with open SW/HW or the academic community.