Re: Successor/replacement for RME HDSP+Multiface?

On Wed, 27 Aug 2014, Peter P. wrote:

* Peter Lutek <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2014-08-27 11:27]:
are you using the original multiface, as i am? if so, wouldn't the
multiface II be an option?

I understand the Multiface II to be basically the same thing as the
Multiface I except for the analog headphone volume pot which will only
suffer damage from transport and will start to crackle after one year
of (not) using it.

Aren't they still making the Multiface II? I have it (with the PCI-E card), and it's worked fantastically for me for seven years. I certainly hope they're not thinking of discontinuing it.

+ Sr. UNIX Systems Admin +  banging on a million typewriters will
+ James Franck Institute +  Shakespeare.  Now, thanks to the Internet,
+ Materials Research Ctr +  we know this is not true." -Robert Wilensky