Re: File managers for musicians, waveform thumbnails, presentation as tightly packed spiral a'la vinyl ? (Caja, MATE)

On 2014-08-14 01:23, Danni Coy wrote:
May I make two suggestions
1) mood files -> some audio players generate these - most notably
Amarok with the right plugins installed. These break up the audio
files into 3 bands lows/mids/highs and display the level for each
band.
2) the circular wave displays in freewheeling... These would fit into
an icon preview very easily.

I have some experience doing preview plugins for Dolphin if you think
that would be helpful.

Hi. Yes that could be set by the user if they want mood file previews. Yes, freewheeling thumbs are circular but you can't fit much in a simply wrapped around (polar coordinates) thumb like that. Think how much visual information there is on the surface of a vinyl record.

Dolphin plugins would be great, but I want to keep this as easily adjustable by the user as possible ... setting their won CLI tools through text settings files. Now a Dolphin plugin that would allow that ?

I'm looking at creating my own interface with Tk/TCL or might just hack the Caja code.

DJ Barney