Re: jack: interface selection has no effect

On Tue, 12 Aug 2014, Max wrote:

On 08/12/2014 04:41 AM, Len Ovens wrote:
On Mon, 11 Aug 2014, Max wrote:
On 08/10/2014 03:53 AM, Len Ovens wrote:
On Sat, 9 Aug 2014, Max wrote:

selecting a different interface in qjackctl has no effect.
i can't use the external soundcard, because jack stays always
with the internal one. any ideas what causes this symptom?

i am running pulse on top of jack like this:
http://trac.jackaudio.org/wiki/WalkThrough/User/PulseOnJack

Len, thanks for trying to help me out - appreciated. But I am
more confused than before.

That is the hardest way to do it.

to do what?

Pulse on jack.

Would you suggest that your method is better and should be the
canonical way to do pulse on jack? If so, shall we write up an
alternative WalkThrough on the jackoudio wiki that helps people
setting that up?

I certainly think using jackdbus when dbus is present is the better way, Not so sure (yet) if my exact setup is best. It has only been in use for a few months. It is also not quite finished. I need to package it at least for debian which I am reasonably familiar with and perhaps the old tar ball method too. I have not done a good look at the depends yet :) and would like to add a config gui for autojack. It is written in pyqt and shell script.

Is that software you use (wrote?) something you want to share?  It
looks very useful.

In due time. I thought vacation would give me some time to finish it out so it was distributable.... alas, I have not had any time to myself, but camping was fun too :)

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net