Re: Live mixers/recording

On Mon, 30 Jun 2014, Roger wrote:

Midas Pro1 (which runs on Linux) or Digico SD11 (which doesn't) would be my top choices for a small digital desk. Probably not in your budget though given the desks you mentioned. We run Digico SD10s and SD9 where I work. I have always had good experiences with Soundcraft, but haven't used their digital desks.

Ya, a bit over. Not horible though. I expect either of the boards I am looking at will give my sound guy room to grow his talent (Not to indicate he is bad, I am no better)... as well as an instant improvement in sound. (it will replace a yorkville m810 powered mixer bought from rental stock) The reality is I will be able to add some new mics if I go analog (we seems to have lost another since last week - no output). Someone else is slowly replacing mic stands.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net