Re: octaver (plugin) for bass

Am 10.06.2014 17:27, schrieb rosea grammostola:
I'm not sure if real hardware stompboxes of this type are better then this plugin, but this might be the kind of sound I might like to buy a hardware stompbox for. Maybe I can test one somewhere and compare it with Gxdetune. Thanks for the comments Fons, tips for improvement are always welcome I think.

Indeed, I'm interested to learn more at any time. :-)
And when I could learn from one of the Giants of the OpenSource DSP programming, I'm more then happy to listen.

The result of this after the IFFT is the correct frequency, but
with two periods of the window applied (it will be zero at the
center).

The frequency values that are calculated provide exactly the
information required to avoid this and to do the correct
calculation. But it's just thrown away.

I'm really unsure about how I could use this to calculate it right, could you give me some more hints, or best at all, a patch will be very welcome, as most I've learned from reading source code.

Ciao,

--
FA

regards