Anyone used a Firewire-to-USB3 or ESATA adapter?

My church has a 16-channel Presonus Firewire device that we're not currently using because (1) my laptop has no Firewire connector (the dead old one did), and (2) our sound tech's laptop has Windows 7 on it and apparently there's no Windows 7 device driver for his Firewire PC Card adapter.

So I thought, maybe a Firewire<->USB adaptor would work. All we used the Presonus for is recording individual channels. Now I just record 2 channels of essentially-mono output from our mixing board, but I very much miss the ability to clean up and EQ individual instruments and mix them better (the volunteer sound people who frequently run our mixing board don't exactly have the greatest ears, plus the acoustics in our rented location aren't the best).

My laptop has USB2 and USB3, plus an ESATA port.

I see Amazon has a selection:

Firewire to USB

http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=n%3A172282%2Ck%3Afirewire%20to%20usb%20adapter

Amazon doesn't seem to show a Firewire-ESATA adaptor.

For desktop folk, they list this PCIe card (2 external ESATA, 2 external Firewire800/1394B, 1 internal 1394B, runs TI XIO2213 chipset):

http://www.amazon.com/NitroAV-Fusion-FireWire800-Professional-Adapter/dp/B0055PG0KE/ref=sr_1_6?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1397633174&sr=1-6&keywords=firewire+to+esata+adapter

Unfair: There's an Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter! I guess that will be enough to keep Firewire alive in the pro audio world.

--
David W. Jones
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx