Re: Advice needed: hardware vendors

On Tue, 8 Apr 2014, Kevin Cosgrove wrote:

On Tue, 8 Apr 2014, Chris Metzler wrote:
So, I'm looking to find out about hardware vendors.  Specifically, I
want to know about:

1.  folks selling fully-built machines with Linux in mind, so that
there'll be no real worries about any hardware compatibility issues;

Almost 2 yrs ago I got a custom configured machine from
http://www.endpcnoise.com/ that's been running very nicely.
They installed Ubuntu on it.

Those all look nice. Which video card did you use? They look to sell all ATI video cards and don't mention what the "onboard video" interface is. How well does it (the video) work with Linux?

Video is something I am trying to grasp as to what my needs are. The reality is that I don't need huge video performance. I don't do gaming, I do browsing and music.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net