Re: Bitwig 1.0 is out

On Sat, 29 Mar 2014, Dave Phillips wrote:

On 03/29/2014 10:43 AM, rosea.grammostola wrote:
On 03/29/2014 01:31 PM, Hartmut Noack wrote:
  and Bitwig is connected automatically to
Jack's system ports....
This is not proper behavior if you can't turn it off

Unfortunately it's how many (most?) Portaudio clients behave with their JACK connections. Very irritating with Audacity, for instance.

What I find most irritating about Audacity is that it opens the jack ports at the time the record/play is selected rather than at application startup. This means I have to redo the jack connections every time the record button is clicked rather than being able to set it up once when the application starts, set my levels and then do my work. Ardour is a bit much for just straight recording a stream, mhwaveedit does the jack part right, but lacks some of audacity's plugins etc.

(I haven't used audacity for a while, maybe this is fixed?)

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net