Re: Bitwig 1.0 is out

On 03/27/2014 08:54 AM, Dave Phillips wrote:

On 03/27/2014 05:08 AM, rosea grammostola wrote:
Looks nice, but I doubt whether it is a all-in-one-packet as people on this list talked about before. I can only find a 7 instruments, handful of plugins and a few 100MB with samples

The instrument count includes five e-drum instruments, a bit bogus sort of list in my opinion.

Strike that statement from the record. The list is much longer in the registered version, the demo version's list is a limited subset of what's available.

I must say that the other instruments are quite serviceable, but I'll guess that most users will want to deploy their favorite VST/VSTi plugins.

I tested its automatic beat matching with five audio samples and a MIDI track. Bitwig performed nicely on my old TurionX2 laptop, with smooth and responsive controls for the synths and effects modules. Btw, the system here is Fedora 19 x86_64, with Planet CCCRMA stuff.

The "handful of plugins" includes 25 audio fx, 9 "containers" (racks?), and 11 "modulators, generators, note FX, and routers", all apparently selected for their common utility.

The automation controls are cool. I'm just getting into the program, I've looked at Ableton only briefly, so I've everything to learn about using this kind of program.

To be clear, those comments apply only to the demo version.

Btw, LMMS has reached its 1.0 milestone, with nicely updated GUI and overall performance.

Yes, with improved JACK support. Still not perfect, but the program overall is much improved. I'm enjoying it.

Best,

dp