Re: OT: android for the linux user ...was: legacy equipment for a user who does not "program"

On 18/03/14 02:12, Rob wrote:

I also have an SSH server installed. I used to use sshdroid, but at some
point they got overzealous about detecting ad blockers (any change to your
hosts file is treated as an ad blocker and the service will fail to start)
so I've switched to SSHelper, which is FOSS. However, my current phone
(Galaxy S4 on Sprint) seems to only do IPv6 on the cell network, if there's
an option to disable that I haven't been able to find it, and I can't get
inbound connections to work with either. But for mounting stuff over sftp,
it works reasonably well on wifi.

if sftp works but not a shell then it is possibly Samsung blocking it with Knox, if your Galaxy has it. I'll let you know if I succeed in turning it down without removing it.

Simon