Re: notation software

On 01/01/2014 08:10 AM, Philipp Überbacher wrote:
On Tue, 31 Dec 2013 06:47:10 -0500
David Santamauro <david.santamauro@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

It's been a while since I researched notation software. What are the
major players in the linux world? What is being actively maintained?
What is new and cutting edge?

Note: I use lilypond for printed scores but I'm looking for some
distinct functionality for in-score composing and orchestrating:

    - individual jack midi routing at least at the staff level, better
if staff supported multiple voices and each could be routed
separately.

    - step input with both external keyboard as well as mouse

    - customization for in-score articulations, e.g., staccato ->
channel change or slur/legato -> insert note ( for key switch
software instruments)

    - lilypond and/or midi export functionality.

I'd appreciate any advice. thanks,

David

You could also give laborejo a shot. It's rather new and written by
Nils, who used to work on denemo. I think it should be able to do
pretty much everything you want.

http://www.laborejo.org/

I experimented with it when it was very young. I guess I need to revisit it. thanks