Re: music made with linux: Modlys/hjerte, løft din glædes vinger

On 01/12/13 21:26, Atte wrote:
Hi

Today is the first sunday of advent. To celebrate I made a new version
(new melody and music, original lyrics) of the danish christmas carol
"Hjerte, løft din glædes vinger" (Heart, lift your wings of joy).

It's available as part of the growing album "Advent" here:
http://music.modlys.dk/track/hjerte-l-ft-din-gl-des-vinger

For those of you that for some reason can't use bandcamp, here's direct
link to mp3:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4343030/hjerte_loeft_din_glaedes_vinger.mp3

Hope you enjoy!

Hi

You just caught me in-between two episodes of Borgen!

Beautiful production and great mood and atmosphere.

I love the way the bass and vocal echo gradually and softly worm the rhythm in before the drums come in. I would've loved it more if the drums had more weight and power, especially the snare and to a lesser extent the kick -- they seem a bit lightweight to me and would've provided more of a contrast, especially after the earlier, stuttering appearances in the second verse.

Admittedly, it sounded a lot better 'phones, it's just a shame that there isn't enough low end higher up, so to speak, to come across on (my admittedly a tad bass-light) studio monitors and generally more body to the snare.

But that's just nitpicking and a matter of personal taste. Oh yes, and it's far too short :-) It's impossible to fault what's there. Each successive listen turns up more little details that add real interest.

Excellent work and thanks for sharing.