Re: OT: how do you follow your favorite artist's releases?

On 30 October 2013 03:58, Bearcat M. Şándor <bearcat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Folks,

I've been looking for a website that is not label specific that will notify me when a band or other performer releases new music.  I would love it if i could go on to Amazon or discoggs or even lastfm, select Porcupine Tree, or Cat Jahnke or Meshuggah and say "send me an email when they come out with a new album."

Aren't there feeds or anything to do this with?

Wouldn't that be wonderful. I have a giant text-file with links to where I can go check if an artist has anything new out (metal-archives, discogs, wikipedia, whatever), I find out about new releases often enough that I have yet to use this text file at all, but sometime in the future....

I also have a bunch of rss feeds of bandcamp pages, that are in more active use.

Anyway, I looked for a place providing what you ask for many years ago, it was the reason for the text-page springing into action, because I couldn't find anything like what I wanted. That was many years ago, though, maybe something has appeared since then.

Arve