Re: rogue synth updates

On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 10:05 AM, Burkhard Ritter <burkhard@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, Oct 19, 2013 at 12:48 PM, Timo Westkämper
<timo.westkamper@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> There is now sound by default https://github.com/timowest/rogue/issues/76
>
> A saw wave through a fixed low pass filter.
>
> Timo

Hi Timo,

I updated and recompiled and now I finally managed to get sound out of
Rogue, both with QTractor and Ardour. I've had very little time to
play around with it, but it looks (and sounds) like a really nice
synthesizer. However, the default preset still does not give me sound.
I get the impression that preset loading does not work properly: I can
load different presets and some parameters seem to change, but only a
few and to me the presets all sound very, very similar; hence, I
suspect that a range of parameters don't get loaded from the preset
properly. Not sure how to debug this, though. Any ideas?

Hi Burkhard.

Do you have the same problem with QTractor and Ardour?

I have been mostly testing with jalv, but I will check again later today what could be the reason for your problems.

The presets sound quite different, so there might be an issue with parameter updates.

Timo

Cheers,
Burkhard