Re: options for hard real time kernel for raring 13.04

On 13/09/13 11:12, Marco Donnarumma wrote:

Hi Marco,

I recompiled a real time kernel for 13.04 following the system
configuration guide (in this case the italian translation that reports
"3.2.35-rt52").
http://linuxaudio.it/index.php/Configurazione_di_sistemi_audio_GNU/Linux#Compilare_il_tuo_real-time_kernel

I'm using an hp pavilion 6 laptop with the ua-25 ex soundcard and with
this particular real time Kernel everything works fine.
1 xrun discovered at 5,8 ms latency in 3 hours session, recording and
mixing with Ardour.

Best regards
Nicola

Hi Nicola,

thanks for sharing your experience. The process in that tutorial is very similar to the one I followed from the other tutorial in English. It's good to know it works well, yet my problem is with the nvidia driver that needs to be patched for -rt as well.

thank you!
best,
Hi Marco,

Fortunately, i've never used proprietary drivers since i use Linux audio 'cause i always had intel video cards.
Anyway, I'm interested in your issue and i will follow this thread, hope you will solve this soon!

Regards
Nicola