Re: an AVS waveguide demo

On 09/03/2013 12:13 PM, Rusty Perez wrote:
Very interesting, I was most intrigued by the second half or so the
sound seemed to sortof shif, and sortof surround me.
What was I listening to?
What is this waveguide business? :-)

Thanks!
Rusty

Hi Rusty,

Right, the second half is a filtered version of the first half.

You can learn something about waveguides here :

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_waveguide_synthesis

I confess that the maths are beyond me, my evaluation of the filter is empirical, i.e. I use my ears.

Best,

dp