Re: VST on Gentoo

I'd be interested in the same thing.  I've never tried to enable VST, but it would be good to know if it works on 64-bit or not in gentoo.

On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 11:44 AM, Brent Busby <brent@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I notice there doesn't seem to be any Vestige package in Portage, not even in the Pro-Audio overlay, but there is FST and VST-DSSI.  What's the typical way for Gentoo users to get VST support these days?  Never really cared before, but I'm think of checking it out now.

Also, I notice that compiling Ardour with VST support throws up a warning about trying to enable it on a 64-bit host being an adventure of sorts...  Any common strategy amongst Gentoo folks for doing that?

--
+ Brent A. Busby         + "We've all heard that a million monkeys
+ Sr. UNIX Systems Admin +  banging on a million typewriters will