Re: Looking for advice on a field recording device

On 07/30/2013 02:30 AM, Joe Hartley wrote:
On Mon, 29 Jul 2013 22:19:28 -1000
david <gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 07/29/2013 09:28 AM, Fons Adriaensen wrote:

Sony became sort of evil when it turned from an (excellent)
equipment manufacturer into a media multinational, with
things like the CD rootkit and SACD as the result.

The only part of Sony making money is its insurance division. The
equipment and media divisions are both running losses.

"Ha ha!"
    - Nelson Muntz

I have been thinking about other Sony gear I've had - one of the best
monitors I ever had was a big Trinitron monitor on a Sun workstation.
Absolutely stunning graphics back in the early 80s.  It's too bad that
their ham-fisted attempts at customer control (along with the standard
music industry panic over losing the traditional distribution model)
cause a lot of people to choose other companies to do business with.

"I said, 'Ha ha!'"
     - Nelson Muntz

I have a couple pieces of Sony consumer stuff around here - a small boombox with decent sound quality and stereo line in, and an alarm clock. They've outlasted many other such non-Sony stuff I've had over the years.

--
David
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx