Re: Looking for advice on a field recording device

Hello,
You might want to check also the "pocketrak" line from Yamaha, they are very very lightweight (I have the 2g and it's only 49 grams).

The recordings are very good and the price fair. I'm really satisfied with mine.

The small form factor of course limits the options for connecting external microphones (no phantom, no XLR)
but as a self contained unit, it'great value.

Hope this helps

Regards