Re: Free Impulse Response files for guitarists

On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 4:47 AM, hermann meyer <brummer-@xxxxxx> wrote:
Thx! Not tried them yet, but I am wondering what the second load of IRs is?
It just looks like a load of bands/songs and I don't understand how you
would generate an ir from that.. I guess it might be able to model the
overall reverb on the track but I  can't see how it would be of relevance
to modeling individual guitar amp internal reverb?

Here is a Video were david fau casquel explain how he create those IR-files and how to use them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYjdMi2VW9A

I found for guitarix the best use of those files is by running them with just the tubescreamer and a ampmodel before the convolver.
(Both packages would be part of the next guitarix release) :-)

This is just so amazing!!

The EQ matching plugin was pretty impressive - anything similar in Linux?