Re: Synchronization of audio with MIDI file

On 06/14/2013 10:50 PM, Asa Marco wrote:
Il giorno Fri, 14 Jun 2013 20:07:56 -1000
david <gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:

Isn't there something that allows to set MIDI tempo by tapping on
keyboard? I'm sure to have used that method  once to pair recorded
audio and MIDI, but maybe I was using a software on windows.

Rosegarden has that feature, but I think the recommendations for
Ardour3 would be better ones to take.

Thank you David, I didn't know of that. But since Rosegarden set tempo
only one point at the time, I recognize that is umpractical to set
precisely "accelerando" or "ritardando" in this way.

The approach of, for example, Finale is better for this purpose, i.e. to
change time continuosly while tapping.

http://www.finalemusic.com/usermanuals/finale2012win/content/finale/TempoTap.htm

I think that's what Rosegarden does, too. At least it mentions using tapping to vary the tempo to match tempo changes within a 1-meaure long audio loop. Sounds like doing accelerando and ritardando:

http://www.rosegardenmusic.com/doc/en/segment-view-tempo-timesig.html

Unfortunately I don't know of a sequencer on Linux that does this.

I haven't graduated to the point of using audio tracks in any sequencer, so reading the thread been interesting!

--
David
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx