greetings from a blind user

Hello,
I've considered starting using linux again. And sinse making music with a computer is a priority for me. I thought I would ask here, what kind of environments are there, that I could use to make music on linux with. A few of you might know, that I have made tracks with the windows version of zynaddsubfx, but I thought to give linux a try. So if any of you, especially I heard there are some visually impaired users like myself, have used linux for music production, could give me advice, then I would be really grateful. The main questions first would be, which environment to use and also, have anyone of you tried to connect a korg R3 as a midi keyboard to a daw. Also, I'll need to search for drivers working with my creative soundblaster audigy4.
Thanks in advance,
yours sincerely,
Dengó Jürgen