Re: Trouble getting Tascam US-122 to run

On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 7:52 AM, Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 05/19/2013 03:58 AM, Rusty Perez wrote:
Hi folks,
for everyone but Julien, I'm the owner of the system in question.
It may be useful to note that this is the original us122, NOT the us122mkII.
Julien has updated some system settings, I have rebooted, unplugged
and replugged the interface, but no joy.
I have also made sure that the interface does respond when plugged in
to my windows machine, so I'm reasonably sure it works as it should.
Thanks!
Rusty

ouch!

i'm a (not so happy anymore) owner of a us224 which does all the same path as your us122,,.

i am sloppy and the systems i use this lovely piece of h/w is not what you'd call the latest and greatest

so (my) the state of things at the time of this writing, is the following:

- on 3.4.x-rt it still works but only like a plain usb1 device (-r48000 -p128 -n3); good old and awesome, special fast and low-latency rawusb/hwdep mode of operation is dead. or it seems so

- on 3.8.x-rt it doesn't work at all; always nagging the device's being used by something else (and no, it's not pulseaudio:); and if you dare to use jack1 then, well, it just crashes the whole show (kernel oops)

only tested with preempt_rt though (thus the -rt suffix above)...

i know this does not help in anything but at least you're not alone :)

cheers

This is a known issue with the 3.8 kernel. It's breaks not only tascam but lots of other USB audio devices as well. Register your discontent with your distro, I guess.