Re: Monophonic pitch-to-MIDI converters for Linux

Am 09.05.2013 16:45, schrieb Ralf Mardorf:
Hi :)

right now I'm testing Rakarrack. I already played Yoshimi by
guitar-to-MIDI, using Rakarrack's converter and it seems to be worth to
continue testing :).

Are there other pitch-to-MIDI converters available for Linux?
Are there any secret tricks, to improve the guitar-to-MIDI conversion?

$ pacman -Q guitarix-git
guitarix-git 20130507.2031-1

Regards,
Ralf

I've just (some hours ago) pushed a update to gxtuner.lv2 which is meant to clean the midi output a bit. Its a LV2 plug Monophonic pitch-to-MIDI converter. In gxtuner.lv2 the 'secret' is to set the threshold for the tuner and the note-on level to the 'right' level according to your input device. But as least this one is far, far away from being perfect, if it is worth a try you must decide yourself.