OT comment on "band in a box"

On the escalating GUI vs command line troll-bait “discussion.”

Interface concerns present to past:

Voice and other “natural” or “semantic” approaches: Hal is breaking the surface; fully emergent soon.

GUI (any kind): Now how am I going to keep an eye on Hal lurking just below the surface?

Vi and Emacs: Wait a minute! It's the '80s again! Hal was lurking about in the shadows. I could sense it even then but was far too unclever to catch him.

Bottom line: Hal is upon us. Do whatever you want to; it will seem fine. Be happy.

Even more personal note:

One of the advantages of advancing age is the many new flavors of paranoia to savor.

Grins

Pete