Re: "band in a box" solution for linux?

On 05/02/2013 06:21 PM, Bob van der Poel wrote:

Sorry about the GUI thing. But, I'm convinced that editing a script is
the easy way to do things. We'll agree to disagree here.

If you also add a GUI to the app, then you serve both groups ;)

1) no mixer to turn off an particular instrument

Please read the MMA manual. There are lots of ways to do this.

2) no funk style

Styles are really quite easy to write. That's one of features of MMA,
I think, is that the styles (and songs files) are all in plain text.

And probably it would be more easy to have a more flexible way to route midi
to  a certain sample (also without a 'hard coded' instrument number).

MMA supports translation tables. So you can call any midi "voice"
anything you want.

But, please remember, that MMA's job is to create a midi file. Once
that is done, you can use that file with any other midi-aware DAW or
whatever.

I might have to test it a bit more, but I think I'll need a GUI for this.

\r