Re: Adding a USB device (not working)

Some front ports can't provide enough power for the device. I'm guessing this thing is USB powered right?

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 6:36 PM, Bob van der Poel <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Well ... got it working. I was plugging the cable into the usb ports
on the front of my computer. They seem to work for everything else I
try, so why not the audio device?

But, to test once more I unplugged a cable from my flatbed scanner
(plugged into the back of the computer) and put it on the audio
device. Came up right away.

So, this actually points to an easy way to use the audio device ...
swap the cable out from the scanner. Since I'll never use both at the
same time, this makes it a bit easier since I don't have to reach
behind the computer to do the feel and grope routine :)

Still, what's wrong with the front panel ports?

--
**** Listen to my CD at http://www.mellowood.ca/music/cedars ****
EMAIL: bob@xxxxxxxxxxxx