Ardour: does not create in specified directory

Hello,

This is Ardour 1:2.8.14-1 (Linux Mint x86_64). I have now created three new sessions, and at first I thought I did somethign wrong, but now after creating another one I see that the specified directory I indicate for a new session in the opening dialog shown when Ardour starts was rightly chosen from the directory dialog box but still, the session was created in the home directory instead.

  A simple file-creation test in the specified directory is OK:

 % touch test

 % ll test

  -rw-rw-r-- 1 user user 0 avr  6 08:27 test

  % mkdir Test

   drwxrwxr-x   2 user user   4096 avr  6 08:29 Test/

Is this a bug in that version of Ardour or is there something else ? Creation of new sessions like this has always worked in the past.

Thanks.