Re: ABX test invite

Quoting James Stone <jamesmstone@xxxxxxxxx>:

Thanks for posting this. I cannot tell the difference with ABX - even for
the 108 version - so I guess either my ears are shot (quite likely) or my
ears are not able to hear such subtleties (also quire likely)..

If you have some decent headphones you should try using those. And listen to the 5-8s passage for some upper mid warble.

To my mind, a slight loss of quality (invisible to my ears) is a small
price to pay in exchange for the much smaller file size...

Nowadays size isn't a factor in most cases, but it is quite obvious that most encoders and technologies are good enough that very few are able to distinguish a 150 kbps encoded file from the original.

- Peder