Re: How to turn off hyperthreading?

Thanks. Unfortunately, the Verix 530 I'm looking at doesn't offer an option to disable HT in BIOS.

On 03/25/2013 10:23 AM, Louis Gorenfeld wrote:
Hi David,
   I have seen hyperthreading cause issues with audio applications (CPU
usage spikes). My understanding is that this is because the CPU tells
the operating system that it has twice the number of cores that it
actually has. A hyperthreading CPU can do a limited amount of work in
parallel, but for audio where you're doing the same thing over and
over on multiple threads it can cause issues when you need to turn
around a result in a reliable and short number of milliseconds.
However, I am not a hardware engineer so it's possible that my
explanation isn't as accurate as it could be, so take it with some
grain of salt :).

It can typically be disabled as an option in the BIOS.

-Louis