Re: Trying to run jackd from udev

On 03/22/2013 11:51 PM, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
I'm trying to run jackd from a script that is triggered by udev. But when I try to do so jackd
complains:

jackd 0.122.0
JACK is running in realtime mode, but you are not allowed to use realtime scheduling.

Hi Jeremy,

I've had the same error message and issue trying to start an application using jack form an init.d script at boot time. It seems that start-stop-daemon does not impose PAM ("Pluggable Authentication Module") limits to the process it starts. Maybe you are facing a similar issue with udev. My solution was to autologin the user and then start the application.

Cheers

--
Raphaël.

But the user trying to run jackd (pi) is a member of the audio group. The udev rule looks like this:

ATTRS{idVendor}=="0218", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0001", ACTION=="change", RUN+="/usr/bin/sudo -u pi -s
/home/pi/bin/drumpad"

Is this maybe related to using sudo? I'd like to get this working, the idea is that whenever I plug
in my drumpad the udev rule and thus the script gets executed. The script checks if jackd is already
started and then moves on starting up jalv with the drumkv1 plug-in. The script itself works fine,
it's just the udev part that got me puzzled.

Thanks!

Jeremy

Raphaël