Re: LightWorks for Linux Demo

Il 18/03/2013 08:12, Louigi Verona ha scritto:
You know fellas, we are talking abstract things and how great it is for
Linux to go mass market and we wonder what is wrong.
But I can give you a simple example of what is wrong.

I am right now on Xubuntu 12.04. So this is not 1975 or 1984 or even
1995. It is 2013.

Yet, when I ask - how do I make Xubuntu to autologin my user instead of
asking for a password every time, you know what I am told? I am told to
open a config file in a text editor, go to a particular line and write
in a certain value.

This is the reason Linux does not go mass market.

I see your point.
However, in Gnome 3 it's as easy as going in System settings>User account and set automatic access to on.
Xfce is not for the mass :-)

--
Federico