Re: Jack users - how many channels do you want with PA module-jackdbus-detect?

On Thu, 28 Feb 2013 23:48:03 +0100, Fons Adriaensen <fons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 02:30:32PM -0800, Len Ovens wrote:

No matter what pulse defaults to in channel numbers, it will always allow
configuring to as many channels as the device supports if the default is
not what the user wants.

I hope it can be configured as well to just create its Jack ports and
NOT connect them to whatever device Jack is using, leaving this to
the user.

This is required if any processing is done before the signal goes
to the hardware (room correction or EQ, crossover filters, etc.).
It is also required if PA is providing e.g. a telephone signal
which probably should connect to a SW mixer and not directly to
the HW output.

Ciao,

It autoconnects, which I think is totally fine for most use cases.
In some cases one would of course like to configure that, just like with any application. There's no parameter for autoconnection yet, to my knowledge. Something one would like to be able to set for any jack applications in fact.