Re: Jack users - how many channels do you want with PA module-jackdbus-detect?

On Wed, 27 Feb 2013 13:54:12 +0100, Mac <ussndmac@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I happen to agree. If there are x PA devices on my MOBO, I want to see
x of them in JACK.

Not sure if we're talking about the same thing here. I wasn't suggesting we make devices not show. Only that the module connecting PA to jack would be stereo by default.

I am one of the "few" mentioned in one post who have a 12 chan.
firewire device as well as the devices on the mobo. I have a tri-amp'd
stereo using a variety of JACK apps such as CALFrack and zita-lrx.
(hopefully quad-amp'd and surround in the future)

When I installed UBStudio 12.04 I was glad to see that PA just created
the sink/sources in JACK and I didn't have to go figure something out.
It's quite nice to be able to patch things around from the PA devices.

I have yet to configure a surround sound system and have not seen
anything showing up labeled as front, side rear, etc. (Is there a
surround sound app? Do any of the apps that will play a dvd or bluray
on a PC provide surround? Haven't attempted it yet, just askin.)

Are you saying you would be using jack through you firewire device to get surround, instead of what I would assume you have, an onboard device that also has surround support directly with PA?
Why use jack for that?

Also, if you set the default to stereo, how does it choose whether to
use the jack (as in 3.5mm) on the front or the rear of the computer
case?

Regards,
Mac