Re: Jack users - how many channels do you want with PA module-jackdbus-detect?

On Tue, 26 Feb 2013 19:50:39 +0100, Bearcat M. Şándor <hometheater@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I assume that the channels can be anything we want and don't have to be
based on ITU standards? I'm planning on playing with ambisonics sometime
soon.

you can always change the channels in pulseaudio configs. The system wide config is at /etc/pulse/default.pa

I'd change it from:

load-module module-jackdbus-detect

to:

load-module module-jackdbus-detect channels=2

This is initially to be used on Ubuntu 13.04, which will be shipping pulseaudio 3.0, if I can get people to agree on that.
I'd be interested in suggesting this change to the main source as well.
This is however just a hack.
It would be nicer if you could set different profiles for the module in the PA mixer, just as you can for different audio devices. Until then, I believe that people will prefer a stereo interface by default over a surround type.

Another nice change in pulseaudio 3.0 is that from what it seems, jack is able to grab a device from PA without any problems.