[a bit OT] freesound.org - a short venting

Hello everyone!
  I hope, that there is someone here, who has strong ties to freesound.org.
I went back there today to give registration another go. I said, that their registration was rather a nuiance (captcha codes). Now I find audio captchas, as provided by google. Which is all very well. I can download the audio captcha and listen to it. After a quarter ofan hour Imanaged to guess a right code and then was asked to copy a lot of text into another entry field. OK, even that is no problem. But then, there is no button to press. Javascript. So I think, I might give it a go and send a message to kindly ask for support. But of course: I am politely asked to use the captcha. I have been wondering: for a free site, sharing material with all the world, if the world so desires, they are very well hidden. I know a fair number of commercial web sites, which are easier to access and register with, including - but not limited to - amazon and jpc, a large German musical instruments' shop,... I know, they have problems with spam, but so have others. So have/had we at some time, so have some forums, I once registered with and still, they all weren't that bricked off. - I am part of a minority, even a rather small one, seeing, that I use text-based programs, whereever possible. But I nkow of others, who do have their scripts disabled for various reasons (blind or not). I do hope, that someone here really is part of the team, otherwise I would have wasted words and flooded this list with unnecessary spam of my own. :-)
  Warm regards
         Julien