Re: Audiophile 24/96 volume weirdness

On 16/02/13 18:56, Len Ovens wrote:

[snip]
I would try model=audiophile first (I am assuming that is what you have),
but delta44 may work as well. The IEC958 Input Status should be either
"Input Active" or "No Signal Detected". Anything else is either a mudita
bug or a kernel module bug/misconfiguration. Considering you s/pdif is not
working I would suspect the later.

In ubuntu I think the right place to play with module params would be
/etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf, but I am not sure about other distros.

For testing you should be able to just modprobe -r snd-ice1712 and then
modprobe snd-ice1712 model=audiophile or whatever. I don't know if the
cs8427_timeout would help in your case or not. In my case things just work
with no param added. You would have to restart mudita every time I
think... probably stop mudita before removing the module and restart after

I tried completely removing/re-installing all alsa packages in Synaptic and that had no effect.

modprobe -r snd-FOO doesn't work for any of the snd modules -- they all seem to be interdependent and all say "FATAL: module snd-FOO is in use"

Doing modprobe snd-ice1712 model=audiophile seemed to work, but it had no effect.

I tried running the SPDIF out into an M-Audio Fast Track Pro into which I plugged headphones. I assume this should have allowed me to hear the output of the soundcard (again, no SPDIF indicator light on the Fast Track) but there was nothing -- this would seem to support your idea that there's a software problem with the SPDIF output from the Audiophile.

What else can I try?

Many thanks