Re: Running the guitarix LADSPA plugins on a headless system

On 02/15/2013 10:16 PM, Julien Claassen wrote:
Hello Jeremy!
   Oh bugger, I would have suggested Ecasound/Nama as your first
options. :-)

Ha ha, well, it was the first tool that popped up in my mind. And I got it to work quite quickly, it's well documented.

   but there is csound, although I have a feeling, that it's LADSPA
support can be a little confusing not to say buggy. No idea, what the
current state is, I tried it last over a year ago.
   Perhaps CLM has LADSPA/DSSI support as well.
   But I'm really wondering, why Ecasound should use so much CPU power.
Yes it does like to start two instances of plugns. I'm not sure how it
behaves exactly, when there's a discrepancy between inputs and outputs.
but running it in Ecasound would have a few advantages: MIDI
controllability from the outside, a stable and well-behaved host.

I get that idea too that it starts two instances of the first plugin in the signal path (Guitarix-Amp). I'll try your suggestion you gave in your other mail (using -f with a channel count of 1).

   I had been looking, but didn't find it. But I'm sure, that either in
relation to the sndfile-suite or in the neighbourhood of jack-dssi-host
there had been another small utility to run LADSPA plugins. Sorry I
can't be more specific.
   At least sox can handle ADSPA. But sox to my knowledge has no JACK
support.
   I hope some of this may be of help to you.

It sure is, thanks! Going to check out my other options.

Jeremy

   Good luck
         Julien