Re: Presonus 1818 VSL Was: Re: [LAD] So what do you think sucks about Linux audio ?

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 11:59 AM, Felix Homann <linuxaudio@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Paul,

2013/2/5 Paul Davis <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

so how does this look?

this looks very comprehensible indeed. You're recommending the Presonus 1818VSL device which looks very interesting. How about the advertised effects like "reverb and delay effects and [...] compression, limiting, semi-parametric EQ, and high-pass filter". Are they done in hardware and accessable from Alsa or are these pure software effects not usable in Linux?

my impression is that you will not get the DSP in the box when used with Linux (for now). my own personal take on that is "excellent", but clearly, YMMV.