Re: mixing advice/assistance needed

I gave it a quick go, for fun. Might've introduced all sorts of new problems to it, but atleast it's a bit brighter! ;)

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/19258546/Whiter_Shade_Of_Pale_r1.flac

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 10:54 AM, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
-------- Forwarded Message --------
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 22:59:12 +0100
Grrrr, hard to come through the list again.

The original mail is outdated, but I would like to know if somebody ever
has successfully used an exciter, enhancer, vitalizer etc..

On Mon, 2013-02-11 at 16:28 -0500, Dave Phillips wrote:
> Is an exciter useful

I can't listen to the link at the moment, but I experienced exciters
never as useful. I don't remember the different exciters I tested, but
at least my Behringer Modulizer and Behringer 2442-FX-PRO provide
exciters and I suspect that I at least also tested one of them. However,
all exciters I tested, not very much, caused similar odd sound.

> I have an old track that needs brightened up a bit.

Perhaps an equalizer is the best way to go.

Have you ever used an exciter for something else? AFAIR I never recorded
using an exciter, just tested it and disconnected it.

Regards,
Ralf