Re: Been neglecting the music :(

Hello Will!
I must bag your appology, you have gven me more credit than I deserve, for my attention must have slipped, whilst listening to Ride with Yoshimi. I listened again and yes, I really couldn't remember the rougher section. It does please me. A little reminiscence of Wendy Carlos. I remember her showing a new Moog pedal, which could be used to alter the attack of presets. The chord progression was similar and the feeling, that came with it. Rather vintage. A completely different matter, that struck me, while listening to it again is, that Yoshimi/ZynAddSubFX does have its "sound". On one hand, this is perhaps a plus, it is recogniseable. On the other hand, this is a minus, since it means, that not very many people seem to program it or if they do, most tend towards Yoshimi's existing presets. I mean the feel of new patches is similar. I think you, Will, are the only one, of whom I know, programming Yoshimi. Still there are so many wellknown sounds, that it almost appears like a preset synth. OK, maybe I don't know of many active users and I don't always ask, what people used exactly. One striking feature of almost every patch is the now "classic" reverb built into Yoshimi.
  And so much for just commenting on a bit, that slipped past. :-)
  Warmly yours
         Julien