Re: can't record from qsynth in Rosegarden

On Mon, 11 Feb 2013 14:30:33 +0100, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Mon, 11 Feb 2013 14:20:20 +0100, linux_matt <martinspost@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have followed the instructions for recording to Rosegarden audio from
Rosegarden midi but can't get this to work. The instructions on the
Rosegarden site indicate that Qsynth output ports should be connected to the
Rosegarden Record In port. I have tried this under the ALSA tab and also
under the MIDI tab (using a2jmidid to make the MIDI ports visible).  The
only WAV recording I can get to work is the Gnome sound recorder which uses some form of system audio capture (which I can't get to work through jack either into Rosegarden). Possibly this is connected to Pulseaudio? (which is the only driver which works with Qsynth on my setup). The midi sound output
itself from Rosegarden works great
<http://linux-audio.4202.n7.nabble.com/file/n82124/snapshot1.jpeg>

So if you use fluidsynth-dssi (the plugin) instead of Qsynth (a GUI for fluidsynth) it does work? The screenshot perhaps does show that you connected Rosegarden -> Qsynth? What are the MIDI channel settings for Rosegarden's MIDI tracks? Can you send MIDI notes by a virtual keyboard or a hardware keyboard directly to Qsynth, instead of using Rosegarden? Does this work?

:D

Now I see ... you connected Qsynth -> Rosegarden. Thats wrong! MIDI isn't an audio output, it only does send remote data to play a note or another event, you need to connect ALSA (MIDI) Rosegarden -> Qsynth to remote control the synth and you need to connect ALSA audio Qsynth -> audio card or what ever.