Re: So what do you think sucks about Linux audio ?

2013/2/10 Folderol <folderol@xxxxxxxxx>

One thing I find confusing is the way the kernel performance changes so
dramatically from one version to the next.

In debian testing, 64bit V3.1 vanilla works beautifully on my current
machine, but V3.2 requires jack to be set to 4x the latency! That's for both
vanilla & RT.

Unfortunately, making a new install only offers V3.2 now, so I hope I never
have a major problem requiring a full re-install.

strange indeed...
debian testing, 64bit here, running flawlessly debian "stock" 3.2.0-4-rt-amd64 #1 SMP PREEMPT RT on Athlon X2
64 frames/period
48Khz
latency 2.67msec

--
L'unica speranza di catarsi, ammesso che ne esista una, resta affidata all'istinto di ribellione, alla rivolta non isterilita in progetti, alla protesta violenta e viscerale. (V. Evangelisti)